The East African Marketplace (NIF: NIF:4001403965), hereinafter referred to as ”Us or We”} is the Operator of ” www.eastafricafind.com” (the website).
- East African Marketplace Burundi : https://www.facebook.com/groups/452323078620254/
- East African Marketplace Tanzania: https://www.facebook.com/groups/443944266505992/
- East African Marketplace Uganda:https://www.facebook.com/groups/649253135656358/
- East African Marketplace Kenya:https://www.facebook.com/groups/2525173001097786/
- East African Marketplace Rwanda:https://www.facebook.com/groups/EastafricamarketgroupRwanda/
- East African Marketplace South Sudan:https://www.facebook.com/groups/437131027225683/
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information to provide you the best services and for our business operations. If you choose not to provide the information we request from you, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require. We describe the main types of personal information we collect and the main reasons why we collect that information below.
Registration Information is the information you provide to us when you register for or acquire a Company Service. This may include information you provide us to:
- Create a user account
- Become a subscriber
- Become an advertiser
- Post comments
- Enter a competition
Registration information includes, for example, your name, your location address, your email address, and your phone number.
Public Information and Posts include comments or content that you post online to our website ‘’www.eastafricafind.com’’ or to one of our Facebook market groups. and the information about you that comes with those posts. This may include your name, user name, comments, likes, tweets, status, profile information and picture(s). Public Information and Posts are available to everyone who views our websites and may be displayed in search results on external search engines, even after you cancel your account with us.
Activity Information – cookies and other technologies. When you visit our website, we may collect information about your visit. For example, in order to connect you to the Company Services, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, which may include your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access our services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information from that device.
Information from Other Sources. We may supplement the information we collect about you with information from other sources. This may include information from publicly available sources (such as other published content) and data providers, as well as information from our business partners or related and affiliated companies.
How do we use your information
We use the information we collect about you to provide our services to you. As part of our service to you we may use your personal information:
- to fulfill administrative functions associated with these services (for example billing, credit and account management);
- to enter into contracts with you or third parties;
- to measure and improve our services and their individual features;
- to improve your experience by delivering content (including editorial, marketing and advertising) we think you will find relevant and interesting;
- for other marketing and client relationship purposes;
- to allow you to comment on content, and participate in games, competitions, or rewards programs;
- to provide you with customer support; and
- to respond to your enquiries.
Where your personal information is contained in an advertisement which we publish for you, we may also use your information to publish that advertisement in other media. We do this in accordance with our terms and conditions for the initial publication.
When we collect your information, we may explain that we will use and disclose your information in other ways. For example, if you win a competition, we may disclose your information to relevant regulatory authorities and publish your details in accordance with the competition terms.
We may also remove certain information or alter the information we collect about you so you can no longer be identified from that information. We do this so that we can use it or disclose it to third parties for other purposes.
We use the information we collect about you for the following additional purposes:
Research and data analysis. We may also use your information for research and data analysis to improve our services. We may do this research or engage a service provider to do this.
To contact you. From time to time, we may send you promotional materials or other information which we think may interest you. For example, we may send you an invitation to participate in various activities (such as customer surveys) or special offers.
How do we protect your information?
We use reasonable measures to safeguard the personal information we hold about you from loss, theft and unauthorised use, disclosure or modification, including:
System security We take reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to our online and computerised systems by using measures such as firewalls, data encryption, virus detection methods, and password restricted access.
Property security At our business premises, we may engage security personnel and use ID cards to restrict access to those premises.
Third parties We take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties who store or assist us to store your personal information adopt appropriate security measures.
How can you contact us?
- Phone: +61412250152
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org